Griffith University Village invites prospective students to apply for the Griffith University Village Scholarship Program. Three equity based accommodation scholarships are available to first year students enrolling in an undergraduate course at Griffith University in 2013. The scholarships entitle successful applicants to a rental subsidy to the value of $1000.
To be eligible to apply for a Griffith University Village Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Be a Year 12 school leaver in 2011 or 2012
- Provide evidence of financial hardship in the form of a Centrelink income statement
- Commence full time studies in a first year undergraduate course at Griffith University in 2012
All applicants are required to provide the following with the completed application:
- Copies of school reports for Year 11 and 12
- UAI ranking
- Copies of Centrelink income statements for the last 3 months (from the date of your application)
- Evidence of acceptance into Griffith University
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words typed)
The personal statement should demonstrate what you hope to achieve during your university career, any extracurricular activities/work experience you believe will help you achieve your goals and why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the scholarship. Candidate applications will be reviewed in line with the eligibility criteria. In addition, academic records and UAI ranking will be considered.
how to apply
Submit your completed scholarship application form by 31 January 2013.
Submit your application by post to:
Griffith University Village
96 Edmund Rice Dve
Southport QLD 4215
Or scan and email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org